Knowledge Management / Semantic Web / NLP / R&D Management
Adaptable, highly trained convincing leader and creative problem solver with deep perception and human consideration displaying the following qualifications:
- Maintaining relationships in corporate, public and academic circles, presenting complex contents
- Recruiting professional personnel in linguistics, engineering and computational linguistics
- Managing, mentoring and shaping international multidisciplinary R&D organization
- Driving, defining, managing the engineering of innovative products based on NLP and AI
- Strong academic record, and realization of commercial products
- Managing relationships with vendors, and academic institutions, negotiation
- Initiating and developing product/project ideas, delivering regular version releases
- Strong operational skills, strategic thinking, entrepreneurial drive, and engineering innovation
STUDIES AND PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES :
2013-present: CEO, Mozaika, Sofia, Bulgaria
2009-present: Lecturer, New Bulgarian University, Sofia, Bulgaria.
2014-present: Lecturer, Sofia University, St. Kliment of Ohrid, Sofia, Bulgaria.
2007-present: Reviewer, Computing Reviews, ACM, Columbus, OH, USA.
2014-present: Reviewer, European Commission, Luxemburg.
2017-present: National Contact Point, ICT Horizon 2020 (European Research and Innovation Programme), Sofia, Bulgaria.
2009-2013: Business Development Manager and Knowledge Management Expert, Ontotext, Sofia, Bulgaria.
2007-2008: Associate Director Speech Recognition Technologies, Bell Canada, Montreal, Canada.
2007 Consulting, McGill University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Family Medicine, Montreal, Canada.
Synopsis for Project: Indexing MEDLINE with PICO Evidence-Based Medicine Elements.
2003-2007: Chief Linguistic Officer Delphes Technologies Intl , Montreal, Canada.
2000-2002: Senior Solution Designer, Novator Systems, Ltd. , Toronto, Canada.
1999-2000: Post-Doctoral Fellow and Part-time Instructor at the Computer Science Department of Concordia University , Montreal, Canada.
Subject: Theoretical Computer Science ; Introduction to Expert Systems ;
Artificial Intelligence (tutor)
Project: Predication and Modification.
1998-1999: Consultant in Artificial Intelligence and Multilingual Engineering, Sogique, Quebec, Canada.
Project: Performance Support System for Child Protective Services (Evaluation).
July 1998: Ph.D. Defense, Institute for Computational Linguistics , University of Stuttgart , Stuttgart, Germany.
1998-1999: Part-time research and teaching assistant at the Computer Science Department of Concordia University , Montreal, Canada.
Subject: Artificial Intelligence .
Project: Aetna. Subproject: ERS System.
1997: Teaching at the Linguistics Department of the University of Uppsala, Uppsala, Sweden. Language Technology Program.
Subjects: Discourse, Computational Discourse, Computational Semantics.
1997: Reviewer for the Students' Session of the ACL/EACL 97 Conference, Madrid, Spain 1997.
1996: Research and project coordinator. Linguistic Modelling Laboratory; Center for Information and Computer Technologies , Bulgarian Academy of Sciences , Sofia, Bulgaria.
1994-1996: Research Assistant, Institute for Computational Linguistics , University of Stuttgart , Stuttgart, Germany.
Project: VerbMobil . Subproject: Transfer. Responsibility: Transfer of Adverbs.
1992-1994: Ph.D. studies, Graduiertenkolleg, Institute for Computational Linguistics, University of Stuttgart, Stuttgart, Germany.
February 1992: Post Master's Degree: Diplome en Ingenierie Multilingue.
1990-1992: Advanced studies, Centre de recherche en ingenierie multilingue, Institut national des langues et civilisations orientales and Maison des Siences de l'Homme Paris, France.
1988-1990: Research assistant, Linguistic Modelling Laboratory, Center for Information and Computer Technologies, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria.
1988-1989: Part-time Teacher for Latin language at National Gymnasium for Ancient Languages and Cultures, Sofia, Bulgaria.
September 1988: Master's Degree in Classical Philology, Sofia University "Climent of Ochrid", Sofia, Bulgaria.
1983-1988: Studies in Classical Philology (Major), Bulgarian Language and Computational Linguistics (Minor) at the Department of Classical Studies, Sofia University, Sofia, Bulgaria.
1978-1983: National Gymnasium for Ancient Languages and Cultures, Sofia, Bulgaria.
CONTINUOUS EDUCATION :
Introduction to Data Science
University of Washington, Seattle, USA, 2014 (via Coursera)
Semsphere,Innsbruck, Austria, 2009
Finance and Accounting for Non Financial Managers
International Business Institute , McGill University , Montreal, Canada, 2008
Executive Development Course
International Business Institute , McGill University , Montreal, Canada, 2004
Development Course in Management of Technical Staff
School of High-Technology , Montreal, Canada, 2004
Development Course in Communication
Groupe CMG, Montreal, Canada, 2004
Courses within Certificate Program in Business Communication
Ryerson University , Toronto, Canada, 2002
Certificate in Sun Programming
Xincon Technology Institute , Toronto, Canada, 2000
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES :
Semantic Web Technologies: RDF, RDFS, OWL, SPARQL
Operational Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows, DOS, Macintosh, AIX
Programming Languages: JAVA, CLIPS, LISP, Swing, JSP, WordBasic, PROLOG
Encoding Standards: XML, SGML, TEI, CES, HTML
Word Processing: Emacs, LaTex, Microsoft Office applications, Microsoft Project
Association for Computing Machinery, IEEE, ACL, LT-Innovate, BDVA, Europeana network, Bulgariana
- Project proposal evaluation and project execution monitoring for the European Commission
- Reviews regularly for ComputingReviews.com for the Association of Computing Machinery, NY, U.S.A.
- Reviews for Semantic Web Journal and for Intelligent Systems IEEE
- Programme committee member for several international conferences, such as AAAI, ICIST, IESD, MSW3, S3T, SoWeDo.
ACADEMIC PUBLICATIONS :
See section Academic Work of this website.
- won a scientific competition for young researchers (Bulgaria), scholarships (France, Germany), ‘Woman of the Year’ (USA), biography published in ‘500 Leaders of Influence’ (USA)
- French Government and German Forschungsgesellschaft scholarships for advanced studies
- "Unsung hero" in category aggregate for the high quality of images and metadata Ontotext provides and for efforts to establish a Bulgarian national aggregator at Europeana AGM 2012 (Holland)